How can I clear a bought iPhone 4S that's locked with an iCloud account?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I also have the same problem. I bought the phone from Ebay only because Verizon told me the ISN is clear, and I foolishly assumed that they (Verizon) would clear the account from me or that it would be easy to do. I still have to take the phone to a Verizon store to see if they will help, and I plan to take all the paperwork and messages bath and forth between myself and the seller to prove that I did buy the phone.

Unfortunately that won't do any good. If the phone is locked you need the Apple ID and password that was associated with it, and that is quite literally the only way. Verizon can't help you. Apple can't help you.
Your next step should be to contact whomever sold you that phone. If they won't work with you, you need to file a claim with eBay. Best of luck.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I also have the same problem. I bought the phone from Ebay only because Verizon told me the ISN is clear, and I foolishly assumed that they (Verizon) would clear the account from me or that it would be easy to do. I still have to take the phone to a Verizon store to see if they will help, and I plan to take all the paperwork and messages bath and forth between myself and the seller to prove that I did buy the phone.

Verizon can only confirm the phone isn't stolen but cant confirm an activation lock. Also, they don't have the capabilities to remove and iCloud lock. Only Apple can. Unless you are original owner of the phone, you now have a paperweight. Nothing you can do.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I purchased an iPhone 4s off of ebay and it is locked with another person's icloud account. I have asked the seller for help and he told me to use icloud find my phone. I contacted Apple and they said that user has to do it through their account. I cannot get the seller to respond and I have opened a case with ebay. Any ideas on how I can get this phone cleared from that account?

I did the same thing many years ago from eBay. I gave up on the phone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

If it's iCloud locked, there's absolutely nothing Verizon can do. You might give Apple Support a call. But even that is doubtful. If you can't get your money back, you have a paperweight. Contact eBay. They might help.