Why does using Google Sync messes up my iTunes/Outlook sync?

I

iMore Question

I use my cell phone as my primary business phone (currently the iphone 4s). We are a windows based business and while I love my iphone I am considering switching to a windows phone as there are issues I can't seem to figure out and perhaps with a windows phone they wouldn't be an issue.

Scenario: I use the calendar on the iphone and sync it both ways via itunes with Outlook 2010. This usually works ok although I can't invite anyone to meetings unless I'm doing so via my desktop.

My biz partner and I need to share calendars and currently that's on google. I sync from Outlook desktop to google (not the other way).

Issue: EVERY time I use google sync I then have to spend a bunch of time and cycles to get the itunes/outlook sync to work again. Very frustrating and have not been able to get an answer from apple, microsoft, or google (but you can't get any answers from them anyway). It's costing me valuable business cycles and is just not working. We're trying to figure out a solution and I would love any ideas or perspective you might have.

Thanks,
Sue

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Iphone/Outlook/Google Sync Issues

Have you considered using an iCloud acct for everything both of you so everything matches making it all simple and easy and on the same platform?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen