Photo Transfer Question

anon(8368732)

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Quick background - had a Verizon Android 'Charge' for two years then in December, 2013 switched to our daughter's Sprint account and my wife and I each got a new iPhone 5S. I have worked my way through many questions but the 'Camera Roll' and 'My Photo Stream' on the 5S are still confusing, as well as the 'iCloud' and 'My Pictures' on our HP Windows 7 desktop.

Specifically, pictures are no longer transferring from the 5S to either location on the HP. Everything through May 31, 2014 came over on WiFi fine, but several batches that my wife and I took on and after June 1 have transferred back and forth between our iPhones okay but none have transferred to either HP file. These are not large batches, the smallest is 2 pictures, the largest is 20 pictures and the overall total number of photos is less than 50.

I did not intentionally change any settings to affect the transfer of the photos, but as a very low grade cybertapperswiper, it is certainly possible that I poked around with something that caused the problem.

The question then (anyone still there?) is how do I get the WiFi transfer started again? Everything else with the phone and computer seem to be working okay.

Thanks for your patience; I hope someone lasted this long and can suggest an answer or an easy-to-read place to look for the answer.

Regards,
David

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Did you download iCloud for PC or running it off the internet. If you downloaded it check in your start menu it should be there

anon(8368732)

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
My daughter set it up but I do see it in the start menu. When I open it, it shows 2 of 5 free gigs available and the 'Photos' box is checked. Under 'Photos' Options, both 'My Photo Stream' and 'Photo Sharing' boxes are checked. 'iCloud Photos location' points to ....\Pictures\iCloud Photos'. The only anomaly here is that they actually show up in 'My Pictures\iCloud Photos'.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73