- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Time machine plus external hard drives
Hi there since updating to Maverick op whenever I put my desktop Mac into sleep mode then reopen it the time machine & external drives have been shut down.
Obviously no time has been recorded and I have messages telling me that the "Disk not ejected properly.
This did not happen on my other op system.
Can anyone help please.
- 06-03-2014, 04:23 AM #2
Re: Time machine plus external hard drives
Welcome to iMore!!!
Check your battery saver preferences. There's a difference between your screen going to sleep & the computer going to sleep. When the computer sleeps, most functions are disabled but when only the screen is sleep, everything continues to run in the background.You also have to remember that some settings reset once you update the OS.
- By Just_Me_D in forum iCloudReplies: 20Last Post: 07-18-2014, 10:11 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-02-2014, 05:00 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-02-2014, 12:40 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 06-01-2014, 05:54 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-30-2014, 07:10 PM