iPad Mini question. Please help.

zdn1042

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I would really appreciate it if somebody could answer a few questions of mine. So I'm planning to buy the iPad Mini w/ Retina Display that my colleague is selling. It's still new but when I checked the serial number she provided it shows - iPad Mini Wifi as the model. Does it mean that it really is just the 1st gen iPad Mini or is it really like that for all the other iPad Mini 2? She also mentioned that she has the box and all the stuff that goes with it and it all says iPad Mini 2.
2nd question - the iPad Mini came from the Middle East and she said that it's just like a regular iPad except that it doesn't have FaceTime. Any other things I should know about like other changes or other features that u might be missing out on if I get this iPad Mini?
Thanks in advance!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
It probably is the retina model, but it's the wifi one NOT the LTE one, which is why it's coming up wifi. On the facetime thing, apparently that is a Muslim thing that apple does to the devices they sell in that area. I did some internet research and saw many MANY blogs, and articles about it, and a few claimed to have ways around it, BUT I did not read them. I will leave that up to you.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...UTF-8#q=middle east ipad no facetime&safe=off

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Can you see a microphone on the back of the iPad mini?
6u2ugunu.jpg

iPad mini retina is on the right.

zdn1042

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
It probably is the retina model, but it's the wifi one NOT the LTE one, which is why it's coming up wifi. On the facetime thing, apparently that is a Muslim thing that apple does to the devices they sell in that area. I did some internet research and saw many MANY blogs, and articles about it, and a few claimed to have ways around it, BUT I did not read them. I will leave that up to you.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...UTF-8#q=middle east ipad no facetime&safe=off

If it's just FaceTime that is missing on the iPad, then I'd probably still be ok with it. My main concern now would be, again, identifying if it's the iPad Mini with the Retina Display. I checked another one of those sites where you can put the serial number and see the device's model and it also shows the 1st gen iPad Mini. By the way, thanks so much pkcable for taking the time to answer my question.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
If it IS an ipad mini 1, make her give you a better price, and I will say this I LOVED my mini 1. Now mind you my retina Air IS better, but the mini 1 is certainly good, and if you can get a good deal on it, why not?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods