Is there anything special I need to know regarding iPhone ownership?

I

iMore Question

Hi All,

I am pickup up my first iPhone next week. 32GB Space Grey 5s is what I have decided to get. Is there anything special I need to know regarding iPhone ownership? Are there any 'must have" apps?

Thanks in advance.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Picking Up First iPhone

Congratulations on your new 5s. It's a great device and you'll love it. As far as apps go it depends what you like. Some of my favorite apps are Tunein Radio Pro, iTunes Radio, Pandora, Spotify, theScore, Flipboard, Tapatalk Pro and iMore. Enjoy your 5s!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Welcome to imore. Tweetbot and tapatalk are my two favorites. If you have xm radio they have a great app too.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to iMore. I would suggest as a must have app...iMore and you might as well join while your at it....SMILE

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Welcome to iMore, some must have apps would depend on what you want to do with your phone. I'd likely get Fantastical 2 and Tweetbot as those are two apps that I use frequently

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site

Welcome. I think the most important thing is a case. I use an Otterbox Commuter Case.

Other than that, app wise - depends on what you use your phone for.

I use Camera+ and PicCollage for pictures
Dropbox, Turbo Scan, office mobile and Usb Sharp Pro for work
Flipboard for news
BBM and Facebook messenger for messaging
Podcasts
My fitness pal for calorie counting
Evernote
Blueletterbible
Bible
Onedrive

You may need to do some of the following to help with battery life

26 ways to improve your iPhone's battery life | ZDNet

I hope this helps!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to iMore! You''ll love your new iPhone; it's an amazing piece of kit.

Personally I love Goodreader, a pdf reader that syncs with Dropbox and my home computers so I can pull documents from either source and read them on my iPhone or iPad.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Besides everything fellow members before me mentioned to you just get ready for a very serious iOS addiction in a good way. Welcome to the family of iOS.

agalaria

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
If you have any interest in photography and you are a user of Instagram, 500px, Pixter, app.net, Flickr & Facebook. The n you should definitely try out the app called Colorbay - Photo Discovery, Redefined. It get photos from all your accounts at one place and is very easy to use, like and comment on them.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77