How can I prevent my iPhone from auto connecting to someone else's Wi-Fi Connection?

I

iMore Question

I have an apple iphone 4s and at one point it picked up someone else's wifi address and every time that I try to get into the app store, it reverts to this address and I can't get into it!
How do I eliminate this adress and enter my own?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an apple iphone 4s
Okay
and at one point it picked up someone else's wifi address
Okay
and every time that I try to get into the app store, it reverts to this address and I can't get into it!
Now you've lost me. An attempt to access the App Store should have nothing to do with someone's Wi-Fi network. As long as you have an internet connection and a valid Apple ID, you should have no problems accessing the App Store.
How do I eliminate this adress and enter my own?
as long as you're not in range of that person's Wi-Fi network, your device should not attempt to connect to it.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings / WiFi

Tap the little circle-i icon at the far right side of the screen next to the wireless network in question.
Tap “Forget This Network”.
back out to the main settings menu

Also, in Settings/WiFi, turn the slider to OFF for “Ask to Join Networks”. You will never again be prompted to join any networks, but you will always have the option to connect to networks of which you are in range.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro