How can I factory reset my iPhone without needing a password?
So i bought a iphone 5c with a busted screen from a woman i work with i replaced the screen and all is well. i go to try and do a factory reset to completely wipe the phone and i can not get it to work to save my life. it keeps saying password required to log into itunes to remove it from the phone or something. so i get in touch with the woman and she had forgotten the password so she reset it and it still wont work. we have gone through the process about 15 times. is the anyway to just do a hard reset and just delete everything. i tried going through itunes to do it but ran into the same thing. it tells me to turn find my phone off and it asks for the password again. any help would be greatly appreciated.
- 05-26-2014, 05:19 PM #2
re: How can I factory reset my iPhone without needing a password?
There is nothing you can do. She would have to recover the password for her Apple ID and wipe the phone. Good thing is, she can do it remotely.
Question: What password did she reset? If she was able to reset it, then she can turn off Find My iPhone and wipe it.
She is the only person that can fix your issue.
Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums
- 05-27-2014, 09:09 AM #3
- By kevdogg3291 in forum iPhone 5Replies: 12Last Post: 12-05-2015, 11:59 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 05-27-2014, 07:49 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-27-2014, 07:40 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-27-2014, 05:00 AM
- By blessed2bamommie in forum iPad Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 05-27-2014, 04:33 AM