How can I factory reset my iPhone without needing a password?

I

iMore Question

So i bought a iphone 5c with a busted screen from a woman i work with i replaced the screen and all is well. i go to try and do a factory reset to completely wipe the phone and i can not get it to work to save my life. it keeps saying password required to log into itunes to remove it from the phone or something. so i get in touch with the woman and she had forgotten the password so she reset it and it still wont work. we have gone through the process about 15 times. is the anyway to just do a hard reset and just delete everything. i tried going through itunes to do it but ran into the same thing. it tells me to turn find my phone off and it asks for the password again. any help would be greatly appreciated.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing you can do. She would have to recover the password for her Apple ID and wipe the phone. Good thing is, she can do it remotely.

Question: What password did she reset? If she was able to reset it, then she can turn off Find My iPhone and wipe it.

She is the only person that can fix your issue.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
She needs to login to the iCloud website, select the Find My iPhone option and remotely wipe the device. That should free it up for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2