How long does everyone foresee basic phones being around?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If basic phones to you mean anything other than Smartphones like flip or candy bar phones when was the last time you have seen one? I think other than the ones tou say for retirees and the elderly you see the commercials about to be simplistic and inexpensive for them they have pretty much already have been phased out and gone.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I know quite a few people that have basic dumb phones still. My girlfriend would still be using her old Nokia dumb phone if I had not persuaded her to take my old Samsung Galaxy S2.

The phones are still being made and sold at a vastly reduced price. I can buy a dumb phone burner in a shop for about ?10 and the guy I spoke to in a phone shop that sold them said they sell quite a few to people that just want a phone that makes calls and receives texts without any fuss (admittedly, usually the older generation).

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I think they'll be around for a very long time. Some like a dedicated device for phone calls and may use a basic phone as a sort of home phone or just as a spare phone when traveling

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I think they'll be around longer than you may think. There are some people that's all they need. My wife is one I've told her she's getting an iPhone this fall.

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
They'll always be around. I have one that just has a number attached to it. It's only purpose is to have another number available to me.

Sent from my Bambo and Orange Moto X

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods