What Macbook is best for me?

I

iMore Question

I am a new macbook user, used to have an iphone and i do currently have an ipad. I am a college student that lives on campus and I am a biology major so I write a lot of papers and do a lot of research. I also need some software installed for the labs we do. Also, when I write my papers on "pages" will my professor be able to open the file in "word"? Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're a new MacBook user then I assume you have recently purchased a MacBook, right? Having said that, which one is best for you is probably the one you currently own. In regard to the Pages app, you can save your documents as .doc, .docx, and other formats so yes, your professor will more than likely be able to open the document with Microsoft Word. Still, you may be interested in the information found via the following link.

http://forums.imore.com/guides-how-articles/257919-guide-buying-macbook.html

Caleb Gilbertson

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I am the person that asked the question as guest, i just had to make an account to reply. No I have not bought a macbook yet. I guess I should have said, "I will be a new mac user" because I plan on buying a macbook but do not know which one would be the best option. The answer about the pages app helped a lot though, thanks!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative