ESN bad with apple, not verizon
I'm trying to sell my old iphone that I damaged the charging port on. I just ran a check on my ESN after seeing it in listings and learning what it is. My check tells me I'm clean on Verizon, which I thought was the case but that it's not ready for activation on apple as it was a previously replaced item. My first phone had some glitches and apple replaced it for me under warranty. I damaged the charging port on that replacement phone and now want to sell it. Can I? I don't understand why it's not a clean ESN if it's clean with verizon. It doesn't seem like it would mess the buyer up.
- 05-19-2014, 06:22 PM #2
Re: ESN bad with apple, not verizon
You can certainly sell it - If anyone who can't use it is willing to buy it. Why is that you cannot call Apple since you said it was previously replaced which is likely why the ESN is on the hot list and find out from them if there is an alternative for you or if that is it.
If Apple is not by any means going to allow it to be used you might as well forget it so you don't misrepresent it and just move on to do something else.
Looks like VZW is going to have the say over this one, They replaced it so technically it should have been turned in and how did they replace it not receiving this back. This is the likely reason.
- By jexner325 in forum iPhone 6Replies: 54Last Post: 05-29-2014, 05:51 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 05-19-2014, 04:19 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-19-2014, 12:10 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-19-2014, 10:36 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-19-2014, 09:50 AM