Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Post Which Mac laptop is right for me?

Hello, I'm currently a high school student and wondering what laptop will be right for my upcoming Junior year. Since I'll be getting assignments, and many reports I think I should get a Mac for the first time. I usually bring my iPad 2 to school for research papers and such, but around where I'm from the students usually stop hand-written assignments after their sophomore year since our teachers no longer require us to. I currently have a Dell that I barely ever touch unless I need to, one of the reasons I don't use it is because it's huge!(An Inspiron) I don't see myself bringing that large laptop to school everyday or any day at all to be honest. I need a lightweight laptop that won't take up a lot of space but has a good battery life, part of my problem is that I don't know what questions to ask myself with what I look for in a laptop. Any advice would be great, so thanks in advance!
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Default Re: Which Mac laptop is right for me?

Have you thought about just getting a keyboard case for your iPad? Otherwise I'd recommend the MacBook Air since it's light-weight. Hard drive size will depend on the amount of photos,videos,and music you want to keep on it. Since you are barely using a laptop now, my guess would be that you don't have much of that type of content and get away with one of the lower amounts of hard drive space. If you are just doing research and papers and such the base model with 4GB RAM should be enough. Depending on your budget though I'd recommend the 8GB RAM just because it will give you more flexibility in the future. The 11" vs 13" screen size is just personal preference.