My iPhone f5 fell in water. Is it done or does it have a chance to continue working?

I

iMore Question

My iPhone fell in water today it's the 5s is it done or a chance of life?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Wet iPhone

Put it in a jar with rice. And don't close the lid.. Keep it in there for a day or two.. The rice will absorb the humidity. Then let it cleaned ultrasonic by a renown repair-shop for phones..

Last edited:

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Okay, this sometimes works. Follow my instructions EXACTLY and your iPhone will be fixed. Go to your fridge and make an eggo waffle. Not for you, for the phone. It's obviously hungry after that refreshing swim. Put a piece of the eggo waffle in the charger port and add syrup to the screen. The iPhone won't accept the food if it isn't delicious. Next, let your phone tan. I suggest a sunny California beach for the best results. Your iPhone wants to be pretty, and you should let it. Now it's enjoyed it's day and is starting to get tired. Put your iPhone to bed and read it a story. Yes, a good one. How about the story of the little train that could? Wake it up in the morning after 11 hours exactly and it should work again.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Okay, this sometimes works. Follow my instructions EXACTLY and your iPhone will be fixed. Go to your fridge and make an eggo waffle. Not for you, for the phone. It's obviously hungry after that refreshing swim. Put a piece of the eggo waffle in the charger port and add syrup to the screen. The iPhone won't accept the food if it isn't delicious. Next, let your phone tan. I suggest a sunny California beach for the best results. Your iPhone wants to be pretty, and you should let it. Now it's enjoyed it's day and is starting to get tired. Put your iPhone to bed and read it a story. Yes, a good one. How about the story of the little train that could? Wake it up in the morning after 11 hours exactly and it should work again.

Very helpful bro. Very helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

We need sources. Sources!!! :p

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

someone has too much time on their hands

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Put it in a jar with rice. And close the lid.. Keep it in there for a day.. The rice will absorb the humidity. Then let it cleaned ultrasonic by a renown repair-shop for phones..

Do this, but don't close the lid... the moisture has to be able to escape somehow. I'd keep it there for 48 hrs

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Put it in a jar with rice. And don't close the lid.. Keep it in there for a day or two.. The rice will absorb the humidity. Then let it cleaned ultrasonic by a renown repair-shop for phones..

giphy.gif

Rice only works anecdotally. And then causes other issues unless you use only a pure organic rice. If you use rice that has been dyed, it will leave residue all over your phone, and inside the headphone jack as well as the lightning port.

Rice can't work on an iPhone. It isn't magnetic with water, it has to make direct contact. It won't be able to make direct contact without you opening the phone. Opening the phone and putting rice on it could make the residue issue worse. The rice rumor keeps going because some people's phones work after rice, but they would have done the same in an empty jar as well. It could absorb humidity, but if you're in a humid place already, it won't really work. It could only pull a little bit of water out of the phone through humidity anyways imho.

There is no way anyone could know how bad the water damage is, so no one could really tell you what will and won't fix it. Your best bet is the ultrasonic cleaning mentioned in the quote.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Bad luck bro. Wait until iPhone 6 gets releases. Till then use a Nokia low end mobile

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox