hate my apple phone what phone is best to buy

I

iMore Question

Have an apple 4s iPhone that I'm disgusted with and need a new (not apple) phone. When I did the apple 7.0 update I lost the WiFi , Bluetooth & other capabilities. Even though I have insurance Apple wants me to pay the minimum $150 deductible for new apple iPhone. Why would I want Apple again? If I update my new phone then the same might happen.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you update to the latest 5S or 5C running 7.1.1 there is a very good chance it won't happen again. Anything can happen to any phone including iPhone. If you wish not to pursue another iPhone there are good forums that are part of our group like Android Central. Crackberry and Windows Phone Central that you can check out for other ideas. Good luck whatever you decide.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty open as I own a 5c, Note 3, BlackBerry Z10, and Lumia 925.

I think you should go with the device you like. No matter what anyone says, the phone is for you. Only you.

That being said, Apple is the ONLY manufacturer I've seen who will let you pay a small fee to fix out of warranty devices but they'll even give you a new one in certain cases!

Sure you can pay a company to fix your device. It won't be a small fee and if something goes wrong, they won't give you a new one.

To me, $150 is tiny. Consider how much a 4S still goes for brand new!

PS: The insurance deductible for my 5c through my provider is $175.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Did you try "Reset All Settings" in your settings app? Go to Settings>General>Reset> Reset All Settings

Sent from from my iPhone 5

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It seems you haven't attempted to resolve your issue so no matter what phone you get you will run into the same stubbornness that your displaying here

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Restore your phone or reset your network settings or reset all settings. You'll run into problems no matter what phone you have. Try to fix the problem first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Have an apple 4s iPhone that I'm disgusted with and need a new (not apple) phone. When I did the apple 7.0 update I lost the WiFi , Bluetooth & other capabilities. Even though I have insurance Apple wants me to pay the minimum $150 deductible for new apple iPhone. Why would I want Apple again? If I update my new phone then the same might happen.

I have a 4s running iOS 7.0.6 and have no issues with WiFi, or Bluetooth or other capabilities. I suggest you update to 7.1 and see if that resolves your issues.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Also understand that you post this question on an apple forum. I don't go into Toyota asking them to recommend a Honda

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Sorry you feel that way. However it may be best to ask your question on a non Apple forum.

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.

George Jenkinson

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
If you really are determined to change phones and want help in choosing another, you need to work out what you want the phone to do. What are your top 5, or top 10 things you use it for?

Once you've worked that out, go to a few of your nearest phone stores and talk with the staff and have a play with phones. I also find reading phone review magazines helpful - they have no commission that biases them to a phone or manufacturer.

Hope you find a good replacement. But remember, each phone and each platform has it's own strengths and therefore weaknesses - you'll not find a perfect phone and you may find you hanker after your 4S again...

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Also understand that you post this question on an apple forum. I don't go into Toyota asking them to recommend a Honda

Yeah obviously the answer right here in iMore is going to be the Apple iPhone, and that may be THE answer as far as we are concerned but I think other platforms deserve their day in the sun too...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

Get a Moto X.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Go for BlackBerry Z30 if you aren't much in apps and like to have an excellent typing experience.

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I actually think the Q10 has the absolute best typing experience.

Yea, Q10 is fantastic but double typing issues and the screen size becomes deal-breaker for most of the people but still Q10 is a beauty

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox