No alert sound when ipad is closed

I

iMore Question

Since updating I'm not being alerted to new mail or text messages when my ipad is closed nor can I hear skype or Viber ringing at all on my Ipad2 what do I do?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Since updating I'm not being alerted to new mail or text messages when my ipad is closed nor can I hear skype or Viber ringing at all on my Ipad2 what do I do?
Try a hard reset. Press the top button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Then release. Let us know if that works or not.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
It's possible that your ipad is set to do no disturb mode, and set to only activate when it's locked. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen. One of the icons is a little moon. Is this highlighted? If so, tap it to turn off and your notifications should now work when your ipad is locked.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
It's possible that your ipad is set to do no disturb mode, and set to only activate when it's locked. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen. One of the icons is a little moon. Is this highlighted? If so, tap it to turn off and your notifications should now work when your ipad is locked.

I was thinking the same thing. Sounds when unlocked but silent when locked usually means do not disturb is turned on. Try that first.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods