Text Replacement Mavericks on iMac
On my new iMac running Mavericks, I cannot get text replacement to work. For example I might use @@ (which is not likely to be a normal set of key strokes) and have the replacement text insert my email address. On my iPad this works. I get the replacement text and a cross. If I press space the replacement text gets inserted.
I can set the keys and replacement texts up on the iMac (Preferences/Keyboard/Text) but when it comes to using this facility in any app, nothing happens. I have searched and searched for a solution without success. Please. What am I doing wrong. Have I inadvertently set some switch that ignores this facility?
- 05-07-2014, 10:02 AM #2
- 05-07-2014, 10:43 AM #3iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: Text Replacement Mavericks on iMac
Thank you John. The problem I have is that most of the apps either have NO option for Substitutions or, if they do, the options under Substitutions are greyed out. A good example is Pages which I would have thought was the first place to try and use replacement text.
- By kataran in forum Guides & How-To ArticlesReplies: 6Last Post: 05-07-2014, 11:16 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-06-2014, 08:39 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-06-2014, 04:52 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-06-2014, 11:20 AM