Is there a problem with retrieving emails from Verizon accounts?

TeamCrews

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
I have been unable to send or receive emails from my Verizon account since 4/21/14. I keep getting an "Incorrect User or Password" message. I have tried several times to enter the correct password to no success. I thought it was my problem but then my wife tells me she can't send or receive from her Verizon account either. I have an iPhone 5, she has a 4s.

When at work I can go to the Verizon website and sign in and get my emails so I know it's not a password problem. Then this morning I realize that I can't get into my Verizon account from my iPad either.

Has anyone reported this?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Not that I am aware but you can do 2 things - One of which I di not hear you mention. Call VZW tech support and have them trouble shoot their own email if it is a verizon.net acct. and 2nd you can try and reset your network settings from your settings app and go into where it sets 'Reset' and reset network settings and see if that does not cure. Actually lastly you can delete, Reboot and reset up your email acct.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd suggest calling them and seeing if they have any quick solutions. You could also try deleting and re-adding the account

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I recently had this problem too. I retyped my user name and password in the phones email settings and it seems to have fixed it. Not sure why it worked, but I'm not complaining! LOL Good luck.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I haven't experienced any problem. Try resetting the network settings or delete and re-add the email account. If that doesn't work call Verizon tech support. Good luck.

TeamCrews

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I was caught in Verizon's recorded menu hell when I called them. I called my cell provider AT&T. He had delete the account and then do what he called a "hard reset". That worked. I can see that the servers are different than what I had. They are now "pop.verizon.net" for incoming and "smtp.verizon.net" for outgoing. I did this for all my phones and iPads. We are good to go.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am happy you rectified your problem but why did you say all this time in your post the problem was Verizon but AT&T helped you? You got me on that one. You indicted your issue was with VZW all this time!!