I bought an iPhone 5 yesterday and let the battery completely drain. Did I cause any damage?

I

iMore Question

I just bought my iphone 5 yesterday and let the battery drain down and die. Did I cause any damage?

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
No, you didn't cause any damage, that happens, all the time. Just make sure that you keep your iPhone charged as much as you need and a couple of times a month, "calibrate" the battery but letting it drain and then recharge it to 100% to optimize your battery life.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
No but it isn't necessary to do this in modern phones.

The lithium batteries in the iPhone don't have the 'memory' that older NiCad or NiMH batteries had so you don't have to drain it completely.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Another answer of...NO! I usually charge my iPhone 5 when I get the first alert at 20%. That's just a habit of mine. You can charge at any %.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
From personally practice and preference I always drain new idevices until they turn off and make sure they are charged back to 100% without

Then once a month to calibrate the battery and iOS battery meter drain it completely and recharge to 100%. In between doing this charge as and when appropriate.

Again this is my personal practice and I've always been blessed with good battery life.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73