Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Decision re buying Ipad

I currently have a 3rd gen? 16gb ipad and an old MacBook 2008. The MacBook is on its last legs. I'm considering either purchasing a new ipad - possibly an ipad mini as would like something smaller for travelling and commuting(thinking of ipad mini with retina display wi-fi only 128gb) or alternatively a new MacBook air 128gb. My uses for a computer at home right now stretch to using iTunes to sync my devices only. The storage on my current MacBook and ipad are useless and I have a terrible external hard drive (that's wired) which has about 1TB of info on it which I rarely use as its a nightmare to transfer across to my devices...

I can only get about 10 apps and about 7gb of photos/music on my exiting ipad but other than that gripe I love using it.

Do you think that I should just get a new mini ipad 128gb or should I get the MacBook air 128gb - or an alternative? Do I still need a laptop to 'sync' the devices etc?

any suggestion would be appreciated.

Default Re: Decision re buying Ipad

I would get the MBA because its a full fledged computer thats extremely portable and I would get the rMini later down the line. You may even be able to find a good deal on Apple's refurbished list...then you might be able to get both