switched from iphone to nexus 5
I have recently switched from iphone4 to google nexus 5. Unfortunetly none of my friends can send me texts from their iphone anymore.
Is there any solution for this?? I have turned off imessage, face time, signed out of iTunes, icloud on my iphone along with deregistering it online. But the texts still wont come through.
And on my friends phone, the message still goes through (it does not show failed) so they would have no idea that I am not receiving the texts....
Any help would be great.
- 04-29-2014, 12:18 AM #2
- 04-29-2014, 10:56 AM #3
- 04-30-2014, 04:30 AM #4iMore Intermediate
- 141 Posts
Re: switched from iphone to nexus 5
It comes from the fact (I think) that your phone number is still associated with iMessage on the iPhone. Other iPhone users sending you messages will automatically be re-directed to sending iMessages (only accepted on the iPhone) rather then SMS messages (accepted by all cellphones). Try restarting the iPhone.
If it still doesn't work, navigate to your iPhone Settings > Messages and de-activate "iMessage".
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 04-30-2014, 10:05 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-28-2014, 09:24 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-28-2014, 09:00 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-28-2014, 04:40 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 04-28-2014, 04:29 PM