How to activate an old iPhone 4 after water damaged iPhone 5s (VERIZON)

I

iMore Question

My iPhone 5s had a lot of water damage to it. I put it in rice for around 24 hours and when I plugged it back in the startup screen come up but it was glitching and grey looking. It shut off so I put in in the rice for another night and now it won't turn on at all. I have an old iPhone 4 that I can start using, but I don't think my 5s was backed up onto my computer for a few weeks at least. Whats the best way to reactivate my old iPhone 4? should I wait until my genius bar reservation tomorrow or can I just reactivate it today? (and how if this is the way to go?). Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If it's from the same carrier, just call them up, let them know what the deal is and have them switch your phone number over to the iPhone 4 if the SIM is not the same. Having said that, if your genius bar appointment is tomorrow, and you expect to get a replacement iPhone 5, it might be counter-productive to switch to the iPhone 4, if the process is more than a mere SIM swap, in my opinion.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
VZW did not have a sim until 4S so it would be a matter of calling them and asking them to reactivate your 4 and why. I would activate it and take the 5S of course to the genius bar because you never know what Apple might do and surprise you and if not then you will at least have a working 4.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2