Wallpapers Turn Dark When "Set as"

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I usually use dark wallpapers. But recently I've been creating some light in shade and color. So I notice that after setting to the screen, they appear darker. Anyone know why? Here's an example:
nyzene7u.jpg

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The only mention of this I could find online was in a MacRumors forum thread from October 2011. That was before iOS 7. Their theory was that Apple does this so the app icons will "pop" and stand out. Guess I'll stick to dark wallpapers.

koerk

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I experienced this behavior before iOS 7.1. When setting a lighter wallpaper it darkens the upper part. I assume it's because of readability of the lock screen clock?! It's a shame apple doesn't give you a choice if you do want that or not. :-/

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
The only mention of this I could find online was in a MacRumors forum thread from October 2011. That was before iOS 7. Their theory was that Apple does this so the app icons will "pop" and stand out. Guess I'll stick to dark wallpapers.

Think that's why I really didn't notice. I tend to stay with dark, and don't change them very often.
image.jpg

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I stick with dark as well.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/28/qu5udura.jpg

Led I do the same thing so rarely do I notice but that is a big difference. I suppose like many have said to live with it if you like dark wallpaper unless you can play around by taking several that you can copy to play with and bring them into your photo editor on your computer and either use auto or a percentage to lighten up and then see what happens when you upload and make them a WP on your phone. Besides going to light WP which I don't really like where I am with you, Stay with it if you can get use to it.