Query concerning downoading apps

I

iMore Question

Hi I'm trying to download any app. A free one for example. When I press "install" the circle continuously rotates without any success at all. Any ideas ? I have an iPhone 4s IOS 7. Its only a recent issues as previously no trobles at all.
Thanks

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to iMore.

Let's see what we can do to help you. I see my iPad does this sometimes and it's usually when there is no wifi connection available. The App will just sit on 'installing' or 'updating' for ages and not do anything.

Check to make sure that you have a good wifi or cellular connection firstly.

You say you have iOS7. Do you have the latest version, which is iOS 7.1.1? If not, update and it might get rid of this issue. Is your phone jailbroken at all?

If there are other apps in the process of being updated then the install of this app might be halted for a time.

You could try a 'soft reset' by holding down the power button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears and see if that helps rectify the problem. Lastly, a backup and restore might help. If none of these work then it may be a hardware issue.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just so I would like to know, Are you downloading it from the app store on your phone and the install circle keeps going? I would update the phone, Get rid of the app and try a redownload or reset your network settings. If it is from the app store or iTunes I would just try again meaning the app store as I said on your phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2