how to update iOS 6.0.1 to 7.0.6 when 7.1.1 is available.
have iphone 5 iOS 6.0.1, i loved it then i thought to update it to 7.0.6 as 7.1.1 has no jail break and cant even be downgraded, so i searched up on internet the ways to update as the newer version is available, i want someone to guide me step by step to update</b>, here are the steps i followed
1. made a back of of all my media
2. downloaded firmware according to my model which is A1429
3. then turn DFU Mode on at my iphone
4. ran little umbrella and start ssl which brought up an error i dealt with that by "SiNfuL iPhone iTunes v11.1 Error-11 Fix v1.4"
5. above software wrote the host file in system32
when every thing went good, at last itunes start to restore but in very first step of extracting software at the end of extracting itunes crushed, i have no idea how get out from this mess, i m using PC Windows 8.1 64x, 8g.b ram, 3.06 GHZ cori i5 processor. now i dont know what wrong woth the crushing of Itunes
Note: i dont want to update to 7.1.1