Why is my iphone 4 using so much data?

I

iMore Question

Hello. Three weeks ago, one morning I loaded data on my phone and with in one minute of not using it, the data bundle was expired. So It has been going on like that, unless when I put data and immediately switch off the phone and then on, the data runs normally. Lately my phone switch stopped working and I cant switch off the phone to use data normally. The moment I activate my data, it says I have used 80% in a minute and then it expires. I have checked all my apps, no back ground data, and no auto updates. I don't stream or watch vidoes. I mostly use Facebook zero because i see pictures on my laptop.

Please if you have a solution, help me out. My i reset the phone or something?

Thank you.
Z

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello. Three weeks ago, one morning I loaded data on my phone and with in one minute of not using it, the data bundle was expired. So It has been going on like that, unless when I put data and immediately switch off the phone and then on, the data runs normally. Lately my phone switch stopped working and I cant switch off the phone to use data normally. The moment I activate my data, it says I have used 80% in a minute and then it expires. I have checked all my apps, no back ground data, and no auto updates. I don't stream or watch vidoes. I mostly use Facebook zero because i see pictures on my laptop.

Please if you have a solution, help me out. My i reset the phone or something?

Thank you.
Z

You have to check what is your data bundle limit...I doubt you would be running out of Data just by running nothing, so I think it's best to check with your carrier or top-up with prepaid cards if you went down that route.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to iMore. :)

As Speedygi says, how much data do you have included in your bundle?

There is no way you should be running out of data within a minute of loading the bundle on your phone unless your bundle doesn't come with any data as standard.

If your bundle is even as low as 100Mb, no apps will use that much data in such a short period of time potentially unless they are running or you have elected to update an app via cellular instead of wifi (Mobile Data (May be called something else in your country, i'm in the UK) > Mobile Data toggle then set which apps you want to be able to use mobile data for lower down that page) and/or you have Background App refresh on (Settings > General > Background App refresh)

If you go to Settings > Mobile Data and look at Mobile Data Usage Current Period, it should tell you how much data you've used too.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I also agree with both answers and if you follow their advice I am sure you will figure it out. Welcome to iMore.