How likely is Apple to put a quad-core in their 13in retina anytime soon?

I

iMore Question

Dear Forum,

I'm holding off on buying a new Macbook Pro Retina until the new models are available this year. That said, I"m floating between a 13 and 15 inch. I would say I'm going to split the use 60% day to day browsing, email, basic, and ideally 40% video/photo editing. Nothing I'd need the power of a Mac-Pro or even an external Graphic's card 15incher for, however, I think what would be great would be to have quad-core power. So, question is... How likely is Apple to put a quad-core in their 13in retina anytime soon? That is, I"d rather load up the 13in fulls of bells ans whistles and retain the greater portability of it, than haul around a 15 incher. I have a 2008 17inch top of the line that's served me well but beginning to show it's age in the graphics department. SLowing and skipping on videos and other graphic's intensive apps. and it gets really hot. I have opened it up and cleaned it out, but I think the cooling gels and such are probably just gone. That said, i don't feel confident in trying to fix that and risk gucking it up. After all, it's also been 8 years, I think it's time.

My ideal computer would thus be as follows

13in retina
16g ram
512 Hard-Drive

Thanks for your comments.

Best,

-Chris

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The word likely along with the word Apple go hand in hand, You never know as they go a great deal on feedback from their customers and what will be best for them as well when it comes to new producs and making them better with regards to components.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
The word likely along with the word Apple go hand in hand, You never know as they go a great deal on feedback from their customers and what will be best for them as well when it comes to new producs and making them better with regards to components.

Umm..what?

To the OP: It's not likely at all. But I think the 13" would be suitable for your needs.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen