iPhone 4s screen not functioning properly - stuck on lock screen

I

iMore Question

My iPhone 4s touch screen is not working properly. The phone is locked. I am able to slide up the menu and slide down the notifications, but cannot slide to unlock.When I turn on assistive touch by hitting the home button 3 times, I am able to drag the menu all over the screen. I cannot slide to power off either, and can only hard reset.

The phone is jailbroken. A day prior to the incident the phone was acting glitchy, most likely because of the Pluck app.

The morning that it stopped working, the phone was sitting in the damp pocket of my sweatpants for half an hour or so.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 4s touch screen is not working properly. The phone is locked. I am able to slide up the menu and slide down the notifications, but cannot slide to unlock.When I turn on assistive touch by hitting the home button 3 times, I am able to drag the menu all over the screen. I cannot slide to power off either, and can only hard reset.

The phone is jailbroken. A day prior to the incident the phone was acting glitchy, most likely because of the Pluck app.

The morning that it stopped working, the phone was sitting in the damp pocket of my sweatpants for half an hour or so.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

The damp pocket explains it all

Edit: in the future if your device gets wet, sit it in a bowl of dry uncooked rice to draw out the moisture.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73