iPhone 5c is disabled.... Connect to itunes

Joni Terens

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
We are on vacation and my daughter changed the passcode on her iPhone 5c and doesn't remember the new passcode ( more then 4 digits). I checked with apple and the last sync with iTunes was in March. She has taken pictures and been working on homework (typing in notes) and I really don't want to lose all this. Is there a way to unlock her phone and save the data?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, this passcode isn't able to be bypassed. Though, if she was using iCloud, wouldn't her pictures be synced there? Do either of you have the Apple ID and password? You'll likely need to do a wipe unless she remembers it. If she has find my phone activated, you'll need those credentials.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
She'll need the passcode to unlock the phone. You say the last sync was in March. So she wasn't backing up to iCloud? Good luck.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Joni! Like the others have stated, you really can't get past the passcode. Its a security feature that works very well, seeing as we have a bunch of questions like yours each day. Hopefully, she'll remember it!

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
We are on vacation and my daughter changed the passcode on her iPhone 5c and doesn't remember the new passcode ( more then 4 digits). I checked with apple and the last sync with iTunes was in March. She has taken pictures and been working on homework (typing in notes) and I really don't want to lose all this. Is there a way to unlock her phone and save the data?

Correct me if I'm wrong guys: Can't you change the passcode under find my iPhone on the iCloud website? I'm pretty sure you can set a new one to unlock the phone. Of course, you need the phone to be connected to a cellular network with data or to a wifi network

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The fact that this person hasn't responded in several days tells me the entire story was BS and they were just trying to access a phone they found or stole. And I mean really, who signs up for a forum and uses their regular name as their screen name with a profile picture that looks like it came out of a high school year book staff section.

anon8430100

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
We can contact her and see if that was the case. As it turns out, she has a linkedin profile with the same name and profile picture.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Or we could just move on to the next person that asks about resetting passwords and never comes back to discuss it, lol.

I want a couple of questions about bypassing iCloud Activation Lock so I can practice copying and pasting from my notes a message that says its not gonna happen. :p I've got it all planned out. ;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods