How can I get iMessages only sent to my phone?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
How can I change it so he doesn't get them at all anymore? Because it is still showing blue when I type the email in. If I change my Apple ID and start using a new one for iMessage will he stop getting them?

If you change your Apple ID, he will stop getting them.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
If there was no passcode set on the iPad before, you can lock it with a new passcode of your choice via find my iPad. There is no need to wipe it as my fellow forum member says. However if there was already a passcode set on the iPad, then there is no other choice other than wiping it.

Maybe you can call your parents and ask them to disable iMessage in settings. There is a slight chance they will do as you said.

You also can threaten your dad with a lawsuits if he continues violating your privacy

Okay... Take it easy there.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Is the OP still with us? I don't get why her Mom can't get the iPad and sign it out of iMessage.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Is the OP still with us? I don't get why her Mom can't get the iPad and sign it out of iMessage.

Now you guys are confusing me. Some people say the OP is a male, some say female, but they never stated their gender. I thought the OP said it was their dad's iPad Mini. Don't take it the wrong way or anything. I'm just getting confused. :)

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Most straight-forward solutions I can give to the OP.
  • Remotely wipe the iPad
  • Change the email associated with the Apple ID
  • Change the password for your Apple ID
  • Go to your parent's house during the weekend and delete the account
  • Don't sign into your accounts on someone elses' devices

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Now you guys are confusing me. Some people say the OP is a male, some say female, but they never stated their gender. I thought the OP said it was their dad's iPad Mini. Don't take it the wrong way or anything. I'm just getting confused. :)
May be he. But iPad not the Dad's.
udasumu2.jpg

Eli4S

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Haha you guys all just blew up the thread. I am definitely still with you all and have responded quite a bit. I'm a guy too just to clarify. I'm home this weekend so I'm basically going to try and just change my password and then go from there. But I also made a new Apple ID so I guess I could just use that for my phone as well. What do you think is easier? I can't remember my security questions to change the password.... Not sure how to get those.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Haha you guys all just blew up the thread. I am definitely still with you all and have responded quite a bit. I'm a guy too just to clarify. I'm home this weekend so I'm basically going to try and just change my password and then go from there. But I also made a new Apple ID so I guess I could just use that for my phone as well. What do you think is easier? I can't remember my security questions to change the password.... Not sure how to get those.
I think your iTunes Apple ID, iMessage and FaceTime should be the same. iCloud should be different ID's. That way each device gets 5 free gb of storage. If the 2 devices use the same iCloud ID, they share 5 gb. Take a guess at those questions.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR