facetime not working

Rolsi

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, when I try connecting to face time, I get the "connecting" message and then after some time, "connection failure. Please help.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
We had this issue the other day with a poster the same thing and he switched sim cards to do something and forgot to toggle back on Facetime. Look in your settings and make sure you have Facetime toggled on.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I am having this issue as well. I never have FaceTime turned on because I never had the need to use it, except for this morning when my son was heading off to Kindergarten. Anyway, last night my wife's cousin (she just bought a 5c) asked why it isn't working. So we tried, connecting........... failure. I then tried 2 different iPhones, same result. This occurred on both WiFi and with AT&T's LTE and 4G cellular connection.

For the record, FaceTime was turned ON on all devices, as well as "Use Cellular Data". I have toggled ON/OFF, rebooted, and reset network connections several times on 3 of the 4 iPhones.

I tried two phones this morning as well, same result.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
To all those who are experiencing problems: Are you connecting to the proper registered connection on their end either phone number or an email address?

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Are you connecting to the proper registered connection on their end either phone number or an email address?

I checked all their settings, and each person had their number checked, as well as emails listed below.

Last time I did a FaceTime was about a year ago, and all was fine.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Also, to all those experiencing problems: Have you tried Facetime while in the same room(s) and network(s)? I know that it defeats the purpose, but this is to make a test situation.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings>FaceTime Toggle off then back on. Then tap your Apple email ID and sign out. Then sign back in. Make sure your phone number is checked.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>FaceTime Toggle off then back on. Then tap your Apple email ID and sign out. Then sign back in. Make sure your phone number is checked.

I have done that several times before posting, still no luck.

I tried 4 different iPhones, so I doubt this is a device issue considering all the combinations.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Does it not work on wifi or Cellular? Have you tried it on another wifi or a different location for Cellular?

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't work on either. I have not tried another wifi network yet. 3 phones are on AT&T and 1 on Verizon. Last night we were all in the same room, but today we all tried again being miles apart. It didn't make a difference.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Is FaceTime toggled on in Cellular for the phones. Settings>Cellular>scroll down and toggle FaceTime on.