I Iphone will charge from my computer but won't connect

I

iMore Question

For a while now my Iphone has been charging from my computer, but when I plug it in my computer use to make a sound, now it doesn't and the phone won't connect to itunes, or show that it's connected to the computer. I have tried everything, but it seems no one has actually had the same exact problem i'm having. I know the USB works because the phone WILL CHARGE from the computer but that's it. It's really starting to **** me off because I can't download music or update my phone or anything but charge it. Does anyone who's actual had this EXACT problem know what I should do

P.s my phone is jailbroken and I can't even get rid of that either without connecting to my computer

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Have you rebooted the computer recently? Try that... If you have other USB ports available on the computer, try another port... If you have a Windows computer, you could be having issues with USB drivers... You may need to look into reinstalling Apple's USB drivers for Windows.

FishRFriendsNotFood

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
How exactly do you do that, i've been trying forever, and everything ive searched just leads me to some process that doesn't help me at all, I looked at my drivers, and the apple usb driver isn't even there.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
How exactly do you do that, i've been trying forever, and everything ive searched just leads me to some process that doesn't help me at all, I looked at my drivers, and the apple usb driver isn't even there.
Have you considered getting rid of the JB and reset your phone to stock, update it through iTunes then to 7.1 and just start from new? If you do this place it in DFU mode to do the restore.

http://forums.imore.com/guides-how-articles/258950-guide-how-put-device-dfu-mode-restore.html

FishRFriendsNotFood

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

FishRFriendsNotFood

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
yeup, same result, will charge, but won't get recognized by the computer. Sometimes it won't even do that, like right now it won't even charge, I'm so confused, it really doesn't make any sense

wolfpak786

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I had the exact same problem so what i did was i plugged the cable in the back of my computer into the USB port and it worked, try and it'll work for you

Nicole Villos

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
your mobile probably don't trust your computer.

Unplug the device and close iTunes first then do to the following

If you're using iOS 8 or later: To untrust all computers, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy. This will also reset your location and privacy settings. You can also untrust all computers by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will also reset your network settings.

Then go to control panel
Inside the Control Panel,> open Administrative Tools>open Services.> Select Apple Mobile Device and Stop the service> the service has stopped, click Start the service.> the Apple Mobile Device service has started again,

Then open iTunes and connect the device.

Hope it will work now :yes::yes: :yes::)

ahmed bataineh

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem but my computer can connect to another iphone 5s and connect to itunes well but when i plug my iphone 5s it won't connect but its charging well... and when i change the charging port i got the same problem!! plzzz Any help

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234