Gestures !!! Clarify please !!

dev_esh

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
How do we create our own gestures ??
What is the significance of gestures ?(like does it perform any important function )?

Sent from my iPhone 5s

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean? Are you jailbroken? If you are, there are a set of gestures you could assign actions to

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
There are really are no gestures per se except for simple Native gestures like swiping left or right and pinch and zoom. These types are easy enough but beyond that like ray said if you were jailbroken you would have to get other gesture packs and i would just go with what you have on the phone already JB or not.

dev_esh

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean? Are you jailbroken? If you are, there are a set of gestures you could assign actions to

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1397920243.142344.jpg
I am talking about this thing !!

Sent from my iPhone 5s

dev_esh

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
There are really are no gestures per se except for simple Native gestures like swiping left or right and pinch and zoom. These types are easy enough but beyond that like ray said if you were jailbroken you would have to get other gesture packs and i would just go with what you have on the phone already JB or not.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1397920294.296413.jpg
I haven't jailbroken my phone !!

Sent from my iPhone 5s

dev_esh

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
That's Assistive Touch, I think you can create a few gestures but you will have to have that section open in order to use it. You create them in the settings but I'm not sure how to assign them to a specific action.
I know that is assistive touch but i have been trying to figure out the gestures thing ! I hope someone might know !!

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
For what I do know about them and like you guys very little you like use 3 fingers for a gesture to have it talk to you when something is going on and that is an example not for sure what it is used for. I am sure if the OP went to Apple and in support looked at the 7.1 Manual it would go over this with you. See if this will help you:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1565/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf

Go to Appendex A at the very bottom for Accessibility

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
It's an accessibility feature. It lets you perform a gesture and then assign it to a button from within assisting touch.

For instance, if you had trouble with pinch to zoom, you could save that gesture and have it performed by a button press instead of having to actually do the gesture.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
It's an accessibility feature. It lets you perform a gesture and then assign it to a button from within assisting touch.

For instance, if you had trouble with pinch to zoom, you could save that gesture and have it performed by a button press instead of having to actually do the gesture.

Tks for the info mikeo007
Good Luck

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the heads up.

dev_esh

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

Thanks man !!

Sent from my iPhone 5s

dev_esh

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
For what I do know about them and like you guys very little you like use 3 fingers for a gesture to have it talk to you when something is going on and that is an example not for sure what it is used for. I am sure if the OP went to Apple and in support looked at the 7.1 Manual it would go over this with you. See if this will help you:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1565/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf

Go to Appendex A at the very bottom for Accessibility

Okay thanks

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro