Iphone 5 brand new wont charge

I

iMore Question

Hi have a brand new iphone 5s been working fine for first two days now wont register charger or take charge all are straight out box brand new
has the battery died???? can I fix this myself??

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If it's straight out of the box new... Go back to where you got it, and they'll take care of it under warranty with a new charger, lightning cable, or phone depending on what is defective.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That is what this section is for and will always be here for, We have to be mindful of anything and remember at a time when we were there.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't have taken the time to ask the question because I would've been busy taking it back to where I bought it. Seriously do some people need everything spelled out to the infinite degree?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't have taken the time to ask the question because I would've been busy taking it back to where I bought it. Seriously do some people need everything spelled out to the infinite degree?

YES it would seem so and as to what you would do and what one of our members decides to do or guests we will accept what they ask and help no matter what just as we have helped you when you have asked. Try and keep that in mind while you are tearing down one of our guests/Members. :) Have a great day!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The OP's question was about what to do about a device that wouldn't keep a charge. They came here to get some advice and help. Not all members or guests are as tech savvy as you might think. Let's get back on topic and move on. Thanks.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Seriously do some people need everything spelled out to the infinite degree?
Yes... and that fact helped pay for my college education... worked part time in the college's instructional technology department... regularly got to be a projectionist... PHD lecturers who...brilliant in their field, but not running media gear... paid the bills. :)

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

Frankly this was directed at jag & prince not the OP. Some folks are so ready to "fight the good fight" that they don't realize that no foul was even committed ...