Ipad air reset

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
My girlfriend very recently bought an Ipad Air which was set up for her in store. A day or so later she forgot her passcode, and despite having written it down, this did not work ( curious in itself but perhaps it had not been input correctly on initiating) Strangely, after trying various email and password combinations Ipad then asked quite "unprompted" if she wanted to reset the password. Whilst this was very kind of Ipad, does it mean that anyone with malicious intent could do the same? :concern:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes they could and that is why sometimes people do this so they can reset the password or device. Good question and thank you for asking it.:)
Welcome to iMore!

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your welcome, it seems to be a weakeness in the security. I am personally not an Apple user other than Ipod but am thinking of updating my laptop to a Macbook at some point would there be similar issues with that?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your welcome, it seems to be a weakeness in the security. I am personally not an Apple user other than Ipod but am thinking of updating my laptop to a Macbook at some point would there be similar issues with that?
Thank you for your understanding and willingness to learn. Your welcome here anytime Sir.:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73