Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default How can I fix my iPad's battery?

So, my iPad charges very slowly, so i normally leave it charging when I'm not using it. Sometimes I leave it in for the whole day, which makes me forget COMPLETELY that I plugged it in in the first place. This leads to my question.
    I left my iPad charging since about 5:30 yesterday, and I went to bed at 1:40 in the morning. I woke up at 11:20 (morning) and realised that my iPad was still charging!! I read somewhere that charging your electronics even after they are 100% can damage the battery inside of it, causing it to charge way slower. Now, of course my iPad is 100% which is good, it will take much longer to charge than it used to! (My charger is also slightly broken, making it charge even SLOWER!)
    Anyone got any tips on how to fix it or anything?
    Thanks if you do!

Default Re: How can I fix my iPad's battery?

Keeping your device plugged in after you fully charge it doesn't damage it at all. It will not effect your future charging cycles

It seems your issue is the damaged charging cord you mentioned you need to get a new one ASAP that could cause future damage or even a fire
    iMore Genius

14,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Default Re: How can I fix my iPad's battery?

Sounds like the charger itself that you say is broken so I would pick up a new charger and cord with it just to be safe.