Galaxy s5 vs Iphone 5s?

I

iMore Question

I'm looking forward to buy iPhone 5s or galaxy s5.my main purpose to use it for (work)emails (exchange). I've heard someone said Samsung phones will give me trouble after continuous use of emails.is it true? Im new to both iPhones and Samsungs. thanks.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to iMore.

The below is merely my opinion and I am not claiming it as fact.

I have an iPhone 5 and a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and out of the two, the iPhone is by far the most reliable, in my experience. The Samsung is a fine phone but in my opinion the iPhone is just better.

If you need a larger screen then the SGS5 will be a great phone for you. It will do everything you want from it, going by your post above.

I think you will be happy with both devices but bear in mind that as Android has to work across many different devices, with a multitude of processors, RAM, screen sizes and configurations, I believe it will always be slightly less stable than iOS.

Last edited:

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking forward to buy iPhone 5s or galaxy s5.my main purpose to use it for (work)emails (exchange). I've heard someone said Samsung phones will give me trouble after continuous use of emails.is it true? Im new to both iPhones and Samsungs. thanks.
Can't comment on the Galaxy S5, but can say the iPhone 5s IMO, is a very good phone.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Haven't had a Samsung product because I dislike their UI greatly. If you're going android, go pure android with either the Moto X with near stock or the Nexus 5 with vanilla android. All the other android phones out their own UI over it and it usually doesn't look good and slows the phone down. Especially Samsung. They put so much bloat in their phones. I haven't had the 5S, but will have one soon. I have had the 5 and 4 before my X though. Loved both of those freaking phones. Especially my 4 because it was jailbroken. I'm excited to back into an iphone :)

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The 5s is a big improvement to the 5 in spec and daily use you will be satisfied and able to JB your .6 version is what you mentioned earlier

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Just know if you're going to try and attach a file in email on your iphone... FORGET IT.

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5C using Tapatalk 😊

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Just know if you're going to try and attach a file in email on your iphone... FORGET IT.

It's possible to send an attachment via email, but you have to use third party apps like Mailbox using Dropbox integration.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
It's possible to send an attachment via email, but you have to use third party apps like Mailbox using Dropbox integration.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

I should've reworded it.. "Natively send documents via the mail app." I don't shun iPhones (I have a blue 5C) that just bugs me.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I should've reworded it.. "Natively send documents via the mail app." I don't shun iPhones (I have a blue 5C) that just bugs me.

Native is overrated when you have the best app ecosystem available to you.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Native is overrated when you have the best app ecosystem available to you.

LOL, I like native apps because apps take up space. It should still be able to send documents but that's another story (user accessible storage).

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
LOL, I like native apps because apps take up space. It should still be able to send documents but that's another story (user accessible storage).

First party apps take up just as much space as 3rd party ones. Pretty weak argument. The benefit of 3rd party is that you decide what you need and what you don't.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Do you know the definition of the word argument? Lol. We weren't "arguing" if that's the point you're trying to make :p

Lmao, I do know the definition. We were having an opinionated conversation :)

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had the S5, but I have had the Note 3 which is similar. Samsung devices are awesome. Out of all of the Android devices, I think that they make the best smartphones. They are feature rich and very powerful. But even in saying that, I wouldn't trade my 5S for one. My iPhone has been rock solid. Actually, every iPhone I have ever owned has been rock solid. And if you are going to be using your smartphone for work, you want something that is going to be stable. The iPhone is the most stable smartphone on the market in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234