What type of smartphones do your friends use?

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Mostly iPhones, but just because they're the "cool" thing to have here. Then, I'd say about 30 percent Androids, mostly Samsung Galaxy line. I've seen one person with a WP, but no one with a Blackberry here.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Majority Android. A few iPhones in the mix though. No windows oddly enough.. Or BlackBerry lol :p.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.

srkmagnus

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
It's a mix between Android and iOS for me. Couldn't say which direction the scale tips but its really close to being equal. And with that, surprisingly there's no this OS is better than the other discussions going on. Within the household it's a different story. iOS devices outnumber Android.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It's a mix between Android and iOS for me. Couldn't say which direction the scale tips but its really close to being equal. And with that, surprisingly there's no this OS is better than the other discussions going on. Within the household it's a different story. iOS devices outnumber Android.

Yeah surprisingly my friends and I are pretty chill about it. The occasional jab for fun but in the end we really don't care since... To each his own :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.

UJ95x

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Most of my family members use Android, with the exception of my sister and cousin (both iPhones). Amongst my friends, it's mostly Galaxy S phones or older iPhone models.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
My immediate family (wife, parents, sister, in-laws, sis-in-laws) all are iPhone users. My bro-in-law is an Android user. As far as friends are concerned, it's a good mix between iOS and Android with some BlackBerry thrown in. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that has a Windows Phone.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
As for my friends, there's definitely a majority of Android users although these people often have iOS devices of some sort too.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Most of my friends and the people I work with have iPhones. My parents use Android.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Of my three best friends, one has a crappy *** samsung cheapo android, his girlfriend had an old blackberry, another has an iphone 5 and the other has a nexus 4.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I know some window users .. Mostly iPhone and some android .. No blackberry users anymore

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Most of my circle of friends and family is iPhone. There are a couple of android users and a couple of flip phone users. I guess they're not ready for the 21st century yet. I haven't seen a blackberry in a long time.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Everybody I know uses Windows Phones ...
Now that I have your attention it's a 50/50 split iPhone/Galaxy thing.
To be honest Windows Phone are pretty damn cool, there's just no APP support for them like iPhone/Android has for them to ever be a serious contender...

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I would say 50/50 for me and my friends.. android and ios.. I guess that's speaks on the US in general it's 50/50 in market share for both OS's... I like to have choices in OS's tho I have an iPad mini and a M7 "HTC One" I like both for specific reasons..

Updated: CNET just released the updated figures for activations in OS's and Android is over iOS for the first time in Q1

http://www.cnet.com/news/android-nabs-53-percent-of-us-smartphone-activations-in-q1/

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR