How can I permanently delete purchased songs I no longer want?

jman0829

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded a few songs a couple of months ago but I do not like them. I thought I deleted them but every time I open my music app on my phone and go to the songs section I see the songs with a cloud next to the name to download the songs again. The only problem is that for some reason I can't delete them. I can play the song without downloading it.

How can I get rid of these files for good? It bothers me a lot because when I put it on shuffle it plays the songs.

Thanks everybody

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you just simply flip the song to the left it will show where you can delete it and it should not come back.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The songs that you see with a cloud icon next to them are songs you've purchased but aren't currently on your device. The most you can do is "hide" them from being displayed when they aren't installed on your device. You cannot delete purchased items from Apple's servers.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If he did not want them and I did not know what the cloud was, Could he download them to his device and then do what I said and swipe them to the left and delete them?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If he did not want them and I did not know what the cloud was, Could he download them to his device and then do what I said and swipe them to the left and delete them?
Sure, but as soon as the song is downloaded and then deleted, the cloud icon will re-appear letting him know that the song is not on the device but is available for download again.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

No, that just makes it show the cloud. It's the same as in the App Store purchased list. Deleted apps show the cloud. If you don't want to see those, don't go to "Songs" at the bottom. Make a playlist with all your current downloaded songs. Then use that. Just skip "songs", unless you want to download one with the cloud.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Sure, but as soon as the song is downloaded and then deleted, the cloud icon will re-appear letting him know that the song is not on the device but is available for download again.

No, that just makes it show the cloud. It's the same as in the App Store purchased list. Deleted apps show the cloud. If you don't want to see those, don't go to "Songs" at the bottom. Make a playlist with all your current downloaded songs. Then use that. Just skip "songs", unless you want to download one with the cloud.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Or you could go into settings -> music and toggle off show all music
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397513841.748064.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

jman0829

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Great idea! A playlist will do the job. Thanks! I don't know why I didn't think of it before. I used to have playlists on my iPod touch and it works just fine.
Again Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal