iOS upgrade from 4.1 to 7.1
Yesterday I upgraded from iOS4.1 to iOS7.1 on iPhone4. Before starting, did a manual backup using iTunes.
The upgrade went through fine. However, the phone is stuck at 'Slide to begin' screen. Followed all the steps a couple of times, no error came up at any point in time but still the same screen shows up. Tried to restore from iTunes backup which went through but still stuck on same screen. Tried resetting iPhone but no luck.
- 04-14-2014, 10:23 AM #2
Re: iOS upgrade from 4.1 to 7.1
Reboot, and try it again. If that doesn't work, delete the .ipsw file to the trash bin on your computer, put your device in DFU mode, connect it to your computer, initiate the computer's iTunes app (latest available version), and when iTunes detects that the device is in recovery, select to restore and update.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 04-15-2014, 06:32 AM
- By kataran in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 04-14-2014, 12:04 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-14-2014, 09:50 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-14-2014, 08:30 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-14-2014, 02:10 AM