Friend Travelling Internationally (imessage)
I have a friend who is travelling internationally, they are getting a new sim card for their phone, but they told me that the best way to contact them was through imessage. However, I am pretty sure that when they change their sim card, the number will change, since their imessage is connected to their phone number rather than email...how can I contact them? Will their old number still work on imessage or will it have to be through their email or should I try and get the new number from their new sim card?
Let me know!
- 04-14-2014, 10:04 AM #2
Re: Friend Travelling Internationally (imessage)
If the friend also has an email address tied to their iMessage, if you send an iMessage using the email address, they'll get it as long as they have wifi or cellular network connectivity... the phone number they get with a temporary SIM while away can be used as another contact in iMessage... but isn't really needed if they use an email address too.
- By dmoskaluk in forum iOS 7.1Replies: 6Last Post: 04-14-2014, 12:56 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 04-13-2014, 09:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 04-13-2014, 09:03 PM
- By Brad Semenick in forum iMessageReplies: 7Last Post: 04-12-2014, 09:03 AM
- By Jaguarr40 in forum Game CenterReplies: 5Last Post: 04-09-2014, 01:53 AM