Unlocked TMobile or AT&T iPhone 5S on Sprint?
I currently have service with TMobile, but where I live Sprint has better service so I'm thinking of switching.
I have 4 iPhone 5s's 2 of them were originally AT&T and 2 of them were TMobile. If all 4 iPhones are unlocked is there any way that I can take them to Sprint to use?
I've read conflicting reports on this, and my understanding was that the iPhone 5s is the same regardless of carrier. I just don't want to plan on jumping without knowing for sure it will or won't work.
Sorry if this has been asked; I tried searching and didn't find anything here about this specific question. Thanks in advance for your help.
- 04-13-2014, 07:54 PM #2
- 04-13-2014, 07:55 PM #3
Re: Unlocked TMobile or AT&T iPhone 5S on Sprint?
I'm not 100% certain, but I think the issue you face is whether Sprint will activate it on their network and not whether it will actually work. From what I've heard, Sprint is pretty dead set on preventing other carrier iPhones from being activated on their network.
There's also something about the UICC card that comes with all Sprint iPhones. From what I remember, the devices won't work without them...and devices from other carriers can't use them.
- 04-13-2014, 08:29 PM #4
- By rayz336 in forum iOS 8Replies: 14Last Post: 04-28-2014, 08:58 PM
- By KingBuick in forum iPhone 6Replies: 27Last Post: 04-26-2014, 12:19 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 04-13-2014, 11:20 PM
- By Dubskeeto in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 4Last Post: 04-13-2014, 06:03 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 04-13-2014, 06:00 PM