I cannot connect my iPhone to the internet.

I

iMore Question

I cannot connect my iphone3 to my internet. I just purchased a new iphone 3 and my carrier is Tmobile. I called them and did what they said, no luck. I called my internet provider and they verified my password and even gave me a new network and password and still cannot connect.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There is really nothing we can do for you. First of all, you need to tell us the correct iPhone model you have. Pick from the ones listed below:

iPhone
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
iPhone 5
iPhone 5C
iPhone 5S

If you just bought it new like you said you did, take it back to the place you purchased it from and exchange it for a different one, especially being that your own wireless carrier couldn't assist you. Simply explain the situation to them. If you live near an Apple Store, take it to it for the best results. With that in mind, you can try one other thing if you have a computer that is connected to the internet, and that is put your device in DFU mode, connect it to your computer, initiate the computer's iTunes app (hopefully, the latest version), and when iTunes detect that your device is in recovery, select to restore and update it.

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
It's only been fairly recent that iPhones got the band/frequencies to support t-mobile. If you're using a very old iphone it may not be compatible with their network.

Also, the person above covered the rest well.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes not to beat this over again but the advice given in the post with the list of Phones are what is going to do it if any. By now you might have your issue resolved.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW