I switched from an iPhone to a Galaxy S5 (same Phone#). Now I'm unable to receive text messages.

bfarraye35

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have done it all and am at my wit's end..........

I switched from the iPhone 4s to the Galaxy S5. Like most users, I am NOT getting any texts from iPhone users whatsoever. I have tried every trick that the internet has to offer and still no avail. I've texted STOP, I had Apple remove my number from the iMessage system, I had friends check to see that "send as SMS" was turned on, I had friends change my contact to a regular mobile number instead of an iPhone.

I am really, REALLY pissed off at this entire situation. Most of my contacts are iPhone users but I needed something with more customization. However, I can't deal with not getting texts. As a professional who is active on their phone, it is imprerritave that I have access to texts from all users.

Does anyone have any other suggestions that might fix the situation?????

thanks.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I have done it all and am at my wit's end..........

I switched from the iPhone 4s to the Galaxy S5. Like most users, I am NOT getting any texts from iPhone users whatsoever. I have tried every trick that the internet has to offer and still no avail. I've texted STOP, I had Apple remove my number from the iMessage system, I had friends check to see that "send as SMS" was turned on, I had friends change my contact to a regular mobile number instead of an iPhone.

I am really, REALLY pissed off at this entire situation. Most of my contacts are iPhone users but I needed something with more customization. However, I can't deal with not getting texts. As a professional who is active on their phone, it is imprerritave that I have access to texts from all users.

Does anyone have any other suggestions that might fix the situation?????

thanks.

Hang in there. If you contacted Apple to get your number "flushed" from the iMessage servers it may take a few hours, but you've done all you can do.

dee turp

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Text 'STOP' all cap to '48369'. Apple with send you a confirmation message saying "FREE MSG: Apple iCloud ID Verification: You have been unsubscribed and will no longer receive messages. 1-800-275-2273"

Give it 24-hrs to fully remove your number from the iCloud/iMessage server.

If you need more help just let me know.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Before I'd send a text to any 5 digit number, I'd follow the advice directly via the Apple website.

iOS: Deactivating iMessage
That"s exactly what I did when I recently moved to Moto X, I also had to delete my phone number (set as default to send message from) from iMissage in my MBP and iPad

No problems with messaging from iDevices or non iDevices after that, I guess I got lucky, I was done in less than 10 mins.

Goods luck :)

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Text 'STOP' all cap to '48369'. Apple with send you a confirmation message saying "FREE MSG: Apple iCloud ID Verification: You have been unsubscribed and will no longer receive messages. 1-800-275-2273"

Give it 24-hrs to fully remove your number from the iCloud/iMessage server.

If you need more help just let me know.

Has anyone done this?

Sent from thr Note 3...and yeah, its spectacular.

Lonestar10118

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I chatted with Apple support and was told that they will delete my phone number from their messaging servers. They said it would take 24 hours and also that all of my contacts that receive texts from me had to delete the old threads between us (a pain I'm sure), and secondly they need to double check their contact record for you to make sure they are sending to your actual phone number and not the email address you used for iMessage. Hope this helps folks, and hope it solves any issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods