Is 8Gb enough for iPhone 4s

I

iMore Question

Hi this is sudhakar,
I would like to buy iphone 4s. But the only question i have with iphone 4s is about the memory.
I usually store some much needed apps, 1-2GB of songs,100-200 photos and 2 or 3 games.
So for the above usage 8GB is enough?

Thanks,
Sudhakar

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi Sudhakar and welcome to iMore

You have roughly 6.3Gb of space on the iPhone after the OS has taken its bite.

I would guess it would depend on how many apps you wish to store and the size of the games. Some games take up quite a bit of space I have found. 200 photos shouldn't take up much space at all really, unless they are huge resolution super-high pixel density.

If you are only running a few apps, a maximum of 2Gb of music and 200 photos, you should just about have enough room but it will be tight though. Some games want nearly 1Gb of space all to themselves, Metal Storm for example.

You might be better off looking for a 16Gb 4S, 5 or 5C if you can find one. Of course these would be more money though.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
For my use, I can't do less than 64GB, so 8 is definitely not an option. You should look at how much space you use on your current device and go from there. This method will give you a better estimate of how much space you need versus getting opinions from others.

My motto is go with the highest amount of GB you can afford.

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, I don't own an iPhone but I do own an ipad and my wife has an iPhone. Personally I bought a 32 gb iPad Air as it is sufficient for a tablet, plus I'll only be upgrading it on the next release. However, if I was to ditch my Blackberry z30, I would think I would need at least 64 gbs. I'm currently running my 16 gb internal memory on my Z30 along with a 64gb San disk sd card. When I can get my hands on a 128gb card I will upgrade. I'm really not into saving my information /data in the cloud...the security of that process scares the bejesus out of me, and I'd rather keep my data on my device and secure. So personally the more device storage the better. My son had a 8gb galaxy tab and burned that up Ina few months. It didn't take many games to swallow up 8gb. Nevertheless, I think the average person could get away with 32 gb.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Nah, I can't see with the amount of apps on my iPhone I can live with 8GB, would be a pretty desperate situation if it was the case.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The real question is if 8GB is enough for you! and that of course depends on how you use your device, the amount of apps, pics, videos and such.

Only you can answer this question, but do keep in mind that as others have said already, you really don't have 8GB (or 16 or 32GB) you always have like 2-3GB less

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I would say no. And with IOS8 it most likely will need about 3gb or so to download and you will be cutting it close without having to delete things that you have on the phone to make room for it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2