Reasons to get 5s replaced by Apple store?

Bill Tep

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Ok I've searched far and wide but other forums do not seem to be receptive of my motives, so I'm hoping you JBers can relate! I've been longing to jb my device since I opened the box. With work and life I couldn't do it right away (only had phone for about two weeks). I'm a sucker for new updates (bad 7.1) as it promised the dark keyboard. Which is all I really want from jbing is switching up the visual aesthetics a lil' bit. Didn't know until I tried to jb that 7.1 won't be broken anytime soon, nor did I know that you couldn't revert to an older iOS in lieu of 7.1. I believe that Apple jipped me of the dark keyboard which is the ONLY reason I updated stat. My phone is in perfect condition, absolutely zero issues to speak of (go figure) so what excuses do I have in my arsenal to get Apple store to replace my perfect device? After writing this I notice it sounds very selfish but hey **** them they ****ed me over I paid for this device so I don't feel bad. Any help? Suggestions? Thanks in advance

TLDR need reasons/excuses to convince apple store to replace/swap iPhone 5s in mint cond. to procure device with older OS.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
...so what excuses do I have in my arsenal to get Apple store to replace my perfect device?

Absolutely NONE.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
All that to try and get a older OS? How did you get jipped for the dark keyboard? Did you pay for it and didn't get it? Man live with what you got. It ain't that deep.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Not only that since you bought your phone with 7.1 already installed and at this point in time they will almost all have 7.1. Do you expect the Apple store to open every one and read them until they find one without 7.1? i don't think so and really think that the post we would have 1 suggestion... Forget the idea and move on setting up your phone. I have read a lot of posts but nothing like this.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Oh come on. I am having some crazy issues with my 5c and I still feel guilty even considering taking it to the Apple store for replacement. Don't take advantage of the system. Not to mention you'll get a 5s with 7.1 again anyways... They try to update them right away (My local store does anyways)....

?Sent from space using Tapatalk.?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Oh come on. I am having some crazy issues with my 5c and I still feel guilty even considering taking it to the Apple store for replacement. Don't take advantage of the system. Not to mention you'll get a 5s with 7.1 again anyways... They try to update them right away (My local store does anyways)...
Never feel guilty about getting a legitimate warranty issue resolved.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh come on. I am having some crazy issues with my 5c and I still feel guilty even considering taking it to the Apple store for replacement. Don't take advantage of the system. Not to mention you'll get a 5s with 7.1 again anyways... They try to update them right away (My local store does anyways)....

•Sent from space using Tapatalk.•
I would not think the Apple store would break the shrinkwrap on boxes and upgrade phones. That is why when you get home at times it will tell you you have an update if it is older stock and then they are going to rewarp them. I don't believe they would do that. I have never heard of an Apple store doing something like that. You would be referring to then iPads as well as anything that would be 7.1 and not just phones.:)

Bill Tep

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Jipped as in the dark keyboard functionality was flaunted in beta and prior to release of 7.1- whereas in the public release 7.1 alas no dark keyboard. Manipulating the system? I paid hard earned cash for this device I don't believe I'm manipulating anything but that's your opinion. As well as not having any options to revert to older OS's as was once possible. Yikes sorry for the uproar

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Jipped as in the dark keyboard functionality was flaunted in beta and prior to release of 7.1- whereas in the public release 7.1 alas no dark keyboard. Manipulating the system? I paid hard earned cash for this device I don't believe I'm manipulating anything but that's your opinion. As well as not having any options to revert to older OS's as was once possible. Yikes sorry for the uproar

Dark keyboard was only in beta 1. Betas are for testing. Nothing in betas are guaranteed to be in official. You weren't jipped. Just because you paid cash, doesn't mean your entitled to anything.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to iMore

Are there any issues with your phone that require replacement? No, there aren't. You won't get a replacement.

You are trying to play the system here. You bought an item and that item has delivered completely on what was promised to you. You didn't do your homework and check things and now it's Apple's fault?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

With some leg work you could get what you want. Simply put your Mint i5S on eBay and get the max amount you can then search eBay for one running a breakable OS

I wouldn't do it because it's not worth the effort but it can be done

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

If you don't feel you're trying to manipulate the system then just go to Apple and tell them what your issue is...no need to make up anything!!!

Edit: BTW...Welcome to iMore!!

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

With some leg work you could get what you want. Simply put your Mint i5S on eBay and get the max amount you can then search eBay for one running a breakable OS

I wouldn't do it because it's not worth the effort but it can be done

Or you can search on craigslist for a trade or something...but I don't know how much luck you will have trading a mint 5s for another mint 5s that hasn't been updated, unless the person really wants a different color...?

But I agree with Nikki....if you feel like your argument holds water, then go see what an apple store says about it!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397160353.388672.jpg

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
By the way if you decide to listen to all of the solid advice given to you and become more sensible to you understand if you were reading what you are writing and it was us reading this, This phone may not be for you. If you took all of this and put it together you would realize how crazy anybody asking this sounds. Maybe I might suggest if you want a definitive answer go to your Apple store and ask them what you asked us and see what they think as they are saying Sorry!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I think thins is a post we took to far and if let go it will wind up on the back page where hopefully I am the last one to answer.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Good lord, all this for a stupid dark keyboard?

The entitlement these days...

If you ask me a question & don't get an answer, you're likely on ignore on whatever mobile device I'm using today.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73