How do I label worksheets in Excel?

I

iMore Question

HOW DO I label names on the sheets I make in an excel file. i don't want to have to remember that sheet 1 is apples.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: JO

@OP.... Are you referring to a spreadsheet that is written and you email it to yourself on your phone and then wish to open it and save it? If so do all the marking and or place the label then email it, open it and save it where you want. I normally leave it as an attachment on the email and just file it in a folder... In my case I just create w folder that says with attachments. This is my simplest way to do it. I am sure there are others.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

HOW DO I label names on the sheets I make in an excel file. i don't want to have to remember that sheet 1 is apples.

If I remember correctly, can't you just double-click the sheet tab, or right click on the sheet tab

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

If I remember correctly, can't you just double-click the sheet tab, or right click on the sheet tab
Yes you are correct that you can right click any sheet tab where it will have the option towards the top to rename. Of course that is on the desktop and I don't know if you can do it on the phone or not. I have no excel spreadsheets on my phone - Only PDF files.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Yes you are correctthat you can right click any sheet tab where it will have the option towards the top to rename. Of course that is on the desktop and I don't know if you can do it on the phone or not. I have no excel spreadsheets on my phone - Only PDF files.

I'm experimenting with Office Mobile for iOS but I haven't been able to alter the name of the tabs from one of the example spreadsheets therein.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Tap and hold maybe?

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

I tried that, but it didn't take. Again, I'm using one of the example spreadsheet that came with the app. I'll import one of my own in a bit and see if I can do it. Also, it may be a limitation of the mobile app.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I tried that, but it didn't take. Again, I'm using one of the example spreadsheet that came with the app. I'll import one of my own in a bit and see if I can do it. Also, it may be a limitation of the mobile app.
I just tried it with a PC excel spread sheet and when you open it the tabs are at the top and not the the bottom but as I suspected you have to do it before on your desktop because there is no way to right click on the phone to get to rename it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77