My wife's iPhone 5C only gets emails every 15 minutes. Why?

I

iMore Question

my wife's iphone 5c will only get emails every 15 min and it driving her crazy, how do I change it??

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: iphone 5c

It's only getting emails every 15 mins? How often does she want them to be pushed? I believe 15 is the lowest refresh time.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Yep... any email that's not pushed by the email server... like iCloud, and some Outlook based email services is fetched, and the shortest fetch duration is 15 minutes... every time you open the stock iOS Mail App - all accounts are refreshed and new mail is fetched.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I have all my mail set up on Manual anyway so to me it makes no difference. I just check it when I check it and for those super important ones, Those people know to shoot me an iMessage to check my mail - Important! Works good for me this way.

Last edited:

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

It can be frustrating if you are waiting on an email response on your iDevice. Yes going out of the email app and back in again will refresh and fetch.... Fetch always makes me laugh...
You can also force the refresh while on your email by swiping from the top down and you will see notice at the bottom of the screen that it is checking again for new mail.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner