How can I open my phone and reset my unlock code?

I

iMore Question

Okay so my boy friend was taking photos on my iphone whilst it was locked and found a glitch where he could get into my phone without the unlock code by going into the photos and then pressing the home button. He showed me this straight away and then locked the phone again but when I tried to reopen it I had no unlock code at all BUT I hadn't removed it...it had just gone by itself.

So I decided to put a password back on my phone, i used the new unlock code successfully for about 2 hours or so and then all of a sudden when putting in the exact same unlock code it says I am putting in the wrong code which I know I am not.

How can I open my phone and reset my unlock code?

I have never synced this phone to an Itunes and do not want to loose everything on it.

Thank you!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you can't recall the passcode, you will have to restore it, but you will lose everything that isn't currently backed up.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Try putting in the old passcode and if that doesn't work, do what he did to break into the phone.

This was my first thought as I was under the impression that going into the camera on a locked phone will just send you to the lock screen again. Pressing the home button doesn't work, so I wonder how he got into the phone.

We can do nothing if you don't know your passcode. You can try restoring but like D said, you'll lose everything.

You should also start backing up your phone through iCloud or iTunes.

Have a good one!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Somewhere I am missing something because I know that when your phone is locked you can use the icon on the lock screen to slide up and then get into the camera to snap away. You can tap bottom left but if still locked you get a message to unlock your phone to view photos so how did he get into photos. You did say the phone was locked so somewhere along the way here i am just missing something that does not sound right.

Now we are dealing with unlock codes again and while only on the phone things to me I just can't figure this out. Am I missing something anyone??

Last edited:

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Somewhere I am missing something because i kn ow that when your phone is locked you can use the icon on the lock screen to slide up and then get into the camera to snap away. You can tap bottom left but if still locked you get a message to unlock your phone to view photos so how did he get into photos. You did say the phone was locked so somewhere along the way here i am just missing something that does not sound right.

Now we are dealing with unlock codes again and while only on the phone things to me I just can't figure this out. Am I missing something anyone??

You're not missing anything that I can think of, no. There used to be an exploit a good few years back in one of the previous OS versions where you could do this but it was patched simply ages ago. So unless someone is running a very old iOS version, this flaw is just not there.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Just curious...what process did he use to unlock the iPhone without the passcode?

Remember the security glitch that allowed users to go to an app with the control center or camera and it unlocks the phone?

You're not missing anything that I can think of, no. There used to be an exploit a good few years back in one of the previous OS versions where you could do this but it was patched simply ages ago. So unless someone is running a very old iOS version, this flaw is just not there.

It was last year and it worked up until they released the new software to patch it. Never heard of the passcode messing up like this but I do know the "bypass passcode" trick. They may still be on that old software.

gy2u7y7y.jpg

http://youtu.be/wk53ECmouu8

Sent from an iMore Ambassador w/ a [Gold] iPhone 5S!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
She never really defined what firmware, which is why I was curious...I do remember the old work around, but I know it doesn't work on any of the currant firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2