number of messages in lock screen

I

iMore Question

Hi. I just have my first iphone 5c after an android device. I have been used to seeing the number of new emails and messages on my lock screen, and wondered if there was a way to do that on iphone. It's not that I just want to see an alert when a message comes in, but have my phone on silent at work and need to be able to quickly press the top button to light up the lock screen to see if I have any texts without having to unlock the screen. I have already disabled the function to show a short version of the text as i don't want that to appear.

Thanks in advance

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I just have my first iphone 5c after an android device.
Congratulations on getting your iPhone 5C.
I have been used to seeing the number of new emails and messages on my lock screen, and wondered if there was a way to do that on iPhone.
Yes
It's not that I just want to see an alert when a message comes in, but have my phone on silent at work and need to be able to quickly press the top button to light up the lock screen to see if I have any texts without having to unlock the screen. I have already disabled the function to show a short version of the text as i don't want that to appear.

Thanks in advance
Go to Settings - Notifications Center - Messages and then enable "Show on Lock Screen".

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I just have my first iphone 5c after an android device. I have been used to seeing the number of new emails and messages on my lock screen, and wondered if there was a way to do that on iphone. It's not that I just want to see an alert when a message comes in, but have my phone on silent at work and need to be able to quickly press the top button to light up the lock screen to see if I have any texts without having to unlock the screen. I have already disabled the function to show a short version of the text as i don't want that to appear.

Thanks in advance

Hi. The answer was given in the post above me but the 5c is my first iPhone too after owning a multitude of Androids.

What color did you get?

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
To the OP, if you are looking to see the actual NUMBER of messages on the lock screen (not the messages which you indicate that you have disabled), you cannot do this natively.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods