Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default number of messages in lock screen

Hi. I just have my first iphone 5c after an android device. I have been used to seeing the number of new emails and messages on my lock screen, and wondered if there was a way to do that on iphone. It's not that I just want to see an alert when a message comes in, but have my phone on silent at work and need to be able to quickly press the top button to light up the lock screen to see if I have any texts without having to unlock the screen. I have already disabled the function to show a short version of the text as i don't want that to appear.

Thanks in advance

Default Re: number of messages in lock screen

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    Hi. I just have my first iphone 5c after an android device.
    Congratulations on getting your iPhone 5C.
    I have been used to seeing the number of new emails and messages on my lock screen, and wondered if there was a way to do that on iPhone.
    Yes
    It's not that I just want to see an alert when a message comes in, but have my phone on silent at work and need to be able to quickly press the top button to light up the lock screen to see if I have any texts without having to unlock the screen. I have already disabled the function to show a short version of the text as i don't want that to appear.

Thanks in advance
    Go to Settings - Notifications Center - Messages and then enable "Show on Lock Screen".

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    Hi. I just have my first iphone 5c after an android device. I have been used to seeing the number of new emails and messages on my lock screen, and wondered if there was a way to do that on iphone. It's not that I just want to see an alert when a message comes in, but have my phone on silent at work and need to be able to quickly press the top button to light up the lock screen to see if I have any texts without having to unlock the screen. I have already disabled the function to show a short version of the text as i don't want that to appear.

Thanks in advance
    Hi. The answer was given in the post above me but the 5c is my first iPhone too after owning a multitude of Androids.

What color did you get?

Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    4,982 Global Posts

To the OP, if you are looking to see the actual NUMBER of messages on the lock screen (not the messages which you indicate that you have disabled), you cannot do this natively.

Welcome to IMore,