Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default updating settings and restore issue

Long story short, last week my iphone 4 stopped working and I got a new one (same exact model). However, the cloud settings for some reason would not import meaning none of my contacts, apps etc could be transferred, so I basically had to start afresh. However, today I plugged my iphone into my laptop and was given the option to restore from backup or set up as new iphone. I chose to restore from backup and was able to restore my setting to the last time I updated which was in October which I did. However, the restore seemed to "erase" everything I did since last week, as well as obviously everything after the October backup. Is there anything I can do to recover my imessages and photos from the time between the October update and today? Specifically since I got my new phone last week? thank you
    iMore Elite

2,761 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts

Default Re: updating settings and restore issue

Hi and welcome to iMore.

Alas, if you haven't backed anything up from last week or so then you've lost it upon restore.
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Default Re: updating settings and restore issue

Hi there. Thanks for replying. I'm not sure if I did or not because photos I took yesterday are showing up in my iCloud on my laptop but my iMessages since October do not appear